This type of home rarely comes on the market, so don’t let it get away. Sitting atop a hillside knoll in South Redondo Beach, you will wake up each morning to an ocean view in this luxurious South Bay home. This amazing 4079 sq ft residence was expertly designed to marry the serenity of a life in the South Bay with the pride and luxury of grand-style living. A 2-story foyer warmly welcomes you to bamboo-floored open living spaces that include a living room, dining room, family room, two fireplaces, and a gourmet kitchen. Ideal for entertaining, the home also includes a bar with sitting area and two sliding glass doors leading to a comfortable outdoor space complete with built-in bbq and fire pit. With a total of 5 bedrooms, you will find a first floor bedroom and full bath offering ease of access and loads of privacy. The en-suite master bedroom features a large walk-in closet, beautiful master bathroom, and private deck with Palos Verdes and sunset ocean views. Three large bedrooms, a warm den, an over-sized laundry room and a large front balcony, with east facing views to downtown LA, round out the upper floor in this beautiful home. The 3-car detached garage, complete with EV charging station, is accessible through a private alley. Minutes away from award winning RBUSD schools, the ocean and Riviera shops and restaurants, this dream home is move-in ready and should not be missed.
- Architectural Style: Mediterranean
- On-Site Parking: Yes
- Parking Features: Driveway, Driveway - Asphalt, Garage - Rear Entry, Garage - Two Door, Garage Door Opener, Parking Space, Private, Shared Driveway
- Attached Garage: No
- Stories: Two
- Utilities: Cable Available, Phone Available, Sewer Connected, Water Connected
- Foundation: Slab
- Zoning: RBR-1
- Cooling: None
- Heating: Central Furnace, Fireplace
- Fireplace: Yes
- Fireplace Details: Family Room, Living Room, Gas Starter, Fire Pit
- Flooring: Bamboo, Carpet, Tile
- Appliances: Barbecue, Built In Range, Convection Oven, Dishwasher, Double Oven, Freezer, Garbage Disposal, Gas & Electric Range, Gas Oven, Gas Range, Gas Stove, Ice Maker, Microwave, Refrigerator, Self Cleaning Oven, Water Line to Refrigerator, Water Purifier
- Bathroom Features: Bathtub, Low Flow Shower, Low Flow Toilet(s), Shower, Shower in Tub, Double Sinks In Master Bath, Granite Counters, Privacy toilet door, Separate tub and shower, Walk-in shower
- Kitchen Features: Granite Counters, Kitchen Island
- More Interior Features: Balcony, Bar, Copper Plumbing Full, Granite Counters, High Ceilings (9 Feet+), Open Floor Plan, Pantry, Recessed Lighting, Wired for Sound
- Pool: No
- Pool Features: None
- Patio/Deck: Patio Open, Porch - Front
- View: City Lights, Coastline, Hills, Neighborhood, Ocean
- Lot Features: Back Yard, Front Yard, Landscaped, Lawn, Level with Street, Lot 6500-9999, Lot Shape-Rectangular, Lot-Level/Flat, Park Nearby, Sprinkler System
- More Exterior Features: Barbecue Private, Rain Gutters
Learn More About
Redondo Beach, California is a large coastal city in Los Angeles County. It is part of the greater Los Angeles area and is nestled in the South Bay Region. It nautical in nature and features a rich history, beautiful waterfront scenery and a plethora of waterfront activities and amusements. It has a warm and bustling atmosphere that makes residents and visitors feel quite at home. It is an extremely diverse community where English is the primary language. The thriving community has several attractions like Redondo Beach Pier, Seaside Lagoon and King Harbor which are perfect for soaking up some sun and enjoying the healthy outdoor fun. The atmosphere of the city is lively and free, due in part to the presence of artists, designers, and the relaxed nature of local beach communities.
Prior to the arrival of settlers in the late 1700s, the area was inhabited by native tribes including the Chowinga Indians who fished in the coastal waters and used area salt flats. The lands became part of Rancho San Pedro in 1784, which was part of a land grant held by the Dominguez family. During the 1800s Redondo became the first port/port city in Los Angeles County welcoming steamers and rail companies soon followed opening the area to travelers by both land and water. By the late 1800s, the area had developed into a resort area and was home to both the Hotel Redondo and Moonstone beach. The city incorporated in April of 1892 and by 1908 the first city hall was constructed.
Redondo Beach spans 6.208 square miles. In 2014, the city had a population of approximately 68,149 and a population density of approximately 11,000 people per square mile. By 2015, the estimated median house or condo value was $802,800, the mean price on all housing units was $884,387 and the median gross rent was $1,820. It is a predominantly white-collar community with over 91% of the workforce holding/working white-collar positions and professions. Uniquely, nearly 8% of the workforce works from home via telecommuting and home-based businesses enjoying flex hours and the comforts of home. Education in the community is provided by the schools of the Redondo Beach Unified School District. The district has approximately thirteen schools and its student body has more than 9,000 students.
The city of Redondo Beach has a wonderful park system of fifteen parks and thirteen pocket parks. The city is also blessed with a beautiful coastline and beaches, a sprawling farmers market and a variety of museums, galleries and other entertainment options. Homes for sale come in a variety of sizes and styles to meet the needs of potential buyers including beach homes, ranch style home, estate style homes and more. Other housing options include houses and apartments for rent, as well as townhomes, condos and villas for sale or lease. To begin your home search in Redondo Beach, call local real estate agents and experts Lynn Peters and Lesley Siegel at 213-394-2464. Embrace a healthy, active and relaxed beachside life and make the most out of your home, work and life in beautiful Redondo Beach.